Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back To Work

It's not for a love of writing that's kept me away from my blog for the past little while.  Really!!  It's this topsy turvy life that I'm leading right now.  I don't know if I'm coming or going.  

Basically, everything has been at a standstill even though I've been trying to kick start it for some time now.  If you've been with me, you know that I've been job hunting for a 
l------o------n-------g time.  There's been no nibbles, no nothing from any potential employer.  Ok, scratch that,  one or two.

I've been out of the workforce for some time now after having my kids etc.  Nope, not gonna tell you how long.  Long though!!  Anyway, I tried to cover the shocking holes in my resume and get back in the game.  I need money.  Don't we all?  

I have two kids to feed and myself and new digs(place to live) to look for as well.  I told you that I'm going through a divorce, just reunited with my son, yada, yada.  Back to the story.  I've been sending out my resume to all the places where I can get a good wage  and benefits ie, the government and other agencies but yet I am still unemployed.

Someone out there must be able to help me or give me a break.  Hey, I do have a college diploma as a Social Service Worker and I am willing to take entry level positions since I am rusty from lack of use.  A job in retail or customer service would be good too.  I'm not too fussy at this stage as long I can get moving again.

If you have reasonable suggestions for me, be sure to drop me a line.  I'd appreciate any help that you can give.

In the meantime if you are experiencing some of the same uphill climb as moi, let me know.  We can pass out tips of what to do to help yourself.  Here are some of mine.

7 Tips to help yourself during the job search
  • Talk to friends/family maybe they might know of a job or two or might know someone.
  •  Listen to music/self help cds to boost your spirit.  You get low often when nothing is showing up.  I listen to Wayne Dyer.  Put on some kick ass music to make you feel good.
  • Meditate.  Seriously it keeps me sane.  Although I'm lazy and won't do it frequently.
  • Pray and talk to the Angels or the Universe.  Bet they get a good laugh out of me when they check me out.  
  • Laughter.  Lighten up!  I know you and I are desperate for a job and what do you do?.  In the best and worst of times what else can you do but laugh sometimes.  
  • I take my vitamins and boy do I need them.  My anxiety is on overload.  All the pressure that I've been keeping on myself to perform.  No time to breathe.  Hey, Stop!! Breathe in and out.  It's a matter of life and death.
  • Get retrained if possible.
  • Temp agencies
  • Professional headhunter
I know that there's more but that's off the top of my head.  I want to use a professional headhunter but still haven't tried that because of my resume.  I like the idea that they shop my resume around but I have to do a really good fix on it first.

Again if you're reading this leave me a message and tell me what your suggestions are.  Thanks for reading.

Getting Back to Work: Everything You Need to Bounce Back and Get a Job After a LayoffLumbar Cushion - Burgundy color, this lumbar support office chair back cushion helps the lumbar and sacral region of the spinal column. This Lumbar support helps to keep a good posture while sitting and also prevents spinal column problems, it is ideal for those who work all day at the office. Lumbar pillow may be used in chair or car, it is washable, removable covers, 12 inch polyurethane foam molded to curve around to the sides of the back.Premium Wuyi Oolong (Wulong) Weight Reducing Tea - 1 Pound with 100 Free Tea Bags - Guaranteed to Work or Your Money Back.Get Back To Work Faster: The Ultimate Job Seeker's GuideGoing Back to Work: A Survival Guide for Comeback Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment