Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back To School

Can you believe it?  It's almost back to school time again for the kids.  I saw all of the flyers with the sales for all of that stuff this week.  You know what that means.  Spending money!  Yep, time to spend, spend, spend.  Nothing is cheap these days and anyways it all adds up.  New books, lined papers, pens, pencils, erasers, backpack, and on and on goes the list. 

My son is going to a Catholic school and money will be spent on uniforms instead of the latest pair of kicks and clothes to make him "get his swag on" ( what does that mean?).  My daughter is going to public school as she had been.  She still wants to look good but a couple of pairs of jeans and t-shirts should hold her until the fall(thank goodness she's not too fussy on brand names either as long as it looks good).  

I know that when I was a teen, I was hooked on some of those brand names.  My parents couldn't afford it so I had to be satisfied with what I received.  Now,  it's my kids' turn and they have to do the same.  I do the best that I can.  It's not all about looking good as long as they are clean and well cared for. 

Say yeah, mom and dad to helping with homework again and like me, trying to figure out the math stuff.  Please help!  That wasn't my favourite subject in school.  See, I'm more the English Lit type (school marm and all that. so what?).

I love my kids and will do whatever I can to help them succeed.  Their success is mine also.  Did back to school have to be here already though?



Tommy Hilfiger Small Iconic Tote in Black / Alpaca (TH HANDBAGS, PURSES, BAGS)Coach Poppy Leather Wristlet Wallet Case for IPOD Black Onyx JanSport SuperBreak Classics Series Backpack, NavyWolf Sunset T-shirt 100% Cotton TEENS and ADULTS Short Sleeve Shirt (Large Adult)

No comments:

Post a Comment