Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year



It's a new year. A new year brings a fresh outlook to everything, if we choose. The new year came in during the full moon too.

It's said that each day is an opportunity to start afresh. We can let go of yesterday and focus on today. It called living in the now.

I don't know about you but I get stuck in my head and replay the past and hope for what I want in the future. I know I'm not alone. That's why there is so much emphasis on living in the now.

Living in the moment is a practiced way of living. It sounds good but do we actually follow it? To answer my own question, sometimes and for brief moments.

For me, it's an aspired way to live. It's very much like meditation. It's something that when practiced over time become easier I'm told.

This new year, I hope to pay attention to the many now moments. I know I miss a lot by being stuck to the past and what's in the future. All I really have is now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment