Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cell Phones

I've been wanting to get myself a new cell phone for awhile now.  The only problem is that I really did not want to get tied up to any particular company for any length of time.  

I was in a 3 year contract with one of the largest carriers here in Ontario and it was not all a grand experience.  Before that, I had used their prepaid or pay as you go service.  I actually like that service to a certain extent.  What I found was that I was paying more and using more than I wanted to so that's when I switched to the 3 year contract.

Both of my kids now have their own cell phones, with me paying for them of course.  I decided to use the prepaid.  Who knew they would get so hung up on it(pardon the pun).  

Put a cell phone in a kid's hands and you get 400 text messages in a day.  I'm just speechless at the whole experience.  What the heck do they have to chat about so much?  They already spend all day with their friends at school.

I took a look at my daughter's phone and there were these one or two words short texts to and from her friends.   They are just having the time of their lives though. 

My son's phone never seems to stop vibrating.   He'll be asleep in the middle of the night and still there's  someone texting him and I'll hear the darn thing going off.  

I'm not sorry that they each have their own phone because I'm able to check up on them and put my fears to rest.  I can instantly lock in on them and tell them to get home when necessary.  It's definitely a good safety tool.  Now all I have to get over is how easy all this technology has come to mean in our lives.  Can we still live without them?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment