Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Parenting

First off, to all the single parents out there, big up yourselves.  This parenting experience is a tough one.  I know too because I'm living it.  I'm struggling but I'm not alone.  I see many others like myself when I look around me.

Many have gone before and many more will come after me.  My experience is only unique in that it's my own.  I feel very fortunate to have family who love and support me and my kids in every way. 

 Today, I was glad that my mom helped me by letting me use her card so that I could buy my daughter a pair of winter boots.  Phew, one less thing to worry about although I will be paying her back a little at a time.

Cooking and nutrition, there's another constant worry.  I want to make sure that we're eating right but sometimes I fall short.  Let's face it groceries are expensive.  I stretch my money as much as possible by using coupons and shopping the sale items. 

I like to make easy meals that are inexpensive and take the least amount of time to prepare.  Today with little in my cupboard I came up with this vegetarian meal.  Thanks Angels.

Ingredients:
Elbow macaroni
Tin carrots and peas
2 tsp. olive oil or margarine/butter/vegetable oil
Onion thinly sliced
Seasonings: use what you like

Cook macaroni until soft or to taste-boil in water about 10 minutes

drain, in same pan, add tin carrots and peas(drain before adding to macaroni)

add 2 tsp olive oil and combine,  this will stop it from sticking to pan and gives a nice flavour too

season with your favourite seasonings; I added salt, black pepper, paprika and an onion thinly sliced

Stir fry for 5 min on med heat and then turn off heat

Quick and easy and at a cost of about $5 depending on how many people will share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment