Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Reading

I'm reading an incredible book about GOD.  The latest book that I'm reading came to me through a friend, who thought that I would enjoy it.  The book is called The Shack by WM. Paul Young.

Although my friend did not read the book yet she knows that I love books about spirituality.  Initially, the way that she described it, I felt reservations about reading it.  I decided that I had to make up my own mind about it.

I'm so glad that I was able to read this book because it shows that GOD is always talking to us.  The Bible is not the only text where we can get to know THE ALL THAT IS.  Even in 2009, GOD is with us, and is always with us.

I know talking about this topic is dicey but I don't care.  I just want to say that there is so much about the topic that I still don't understand and know but I'm learning all the time.

In the book The Shack, the main character Mack has been through a lifetime of hurt.  He gave up on GOD.  His daughter was abducted and possibly killed and that brought on his "great depression".  Her dress was found at the shack but not her body.  It had been three years since the incident and then he received a note telling him to meet "papa" at the shack. 

What happens when he gets to the shack is a powerful and at times unbelievable invitation into the fullness of GOD. 

This book just reinforced for me the truth about GOD that I read in other books.  The words and the clarity of who HE IS cannot be denied.  Thank you WM. Young for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment