Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oprah's Interview with Whitney Houston

Today, I caught the second part of Oprah's interview with Whitney Houston.  For anyone who doesn't know, Whitney, is a well known power house of a singer who has been away from the music industry for almost ten years.  Her voice and her music has been sorely missed.  She has been going through a lot of pain in her life.

I missed the first half of the interview which aired yesterday.  In that I know she spoke about her marriage, divorce and drug addiction.

What stood out for me about what she said in her interview was that she had lost her soul.  I can relate to that.  There was a time, recently, where I felt like that.  I gave all of myself to my relationship and my family and there was nothing left for me.  I didn't know who I was anymore.  I couldn't see my strengths.

For Whitney, she put her trust in the Lord.  Only he can fill you and make you whole.  She prayed and prayed to overcome or rather to deal with her situation.  GOD was her only constant.

It took time but now she's back again; on top of the charts with her new album.  Her album talks about her ups and downs to get to this moment. 

It just goes to show you that GOD always has a plan for you.  Once we can trust that and him, all will be revealed in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment